Saturday, February 8, 2014

Snowy for Joe from Japan

An awesome men's bible study this morning and I will be missing next week's due to my being at the 7th Annual Sax Zim Bog Winter Birding Festival. That will indeed be fun and I have hopes of finding maybe 3 new Minnesota Life Birds. I typically don't do any bird counts on the weekends but next weekend will be a different story. Today no listing but helping a gentleman named Joe who is from Japan. He emailed me from an MOU post that I put on the web. He wanted very much to get a look at a Snowy Owl. I met him at Coburn's in Ramsey and within a few minutes we were gawking at his first Snowy. (The photo below is one that I just took today). I get a great feeling when I am able to direct people to birds. I've been blessed many times by birders with greater knowledge who have helped me in the past. It feels good to give back. Just hanging out today. But looking ahead - I feel that I won't be too fond of this coming Monday. It is supposed to get very cold. The lack of birding in the coming days will be more than made up for when I get totally engrossed this weekend at the festival. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment