Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SHORT WORK DAY RESULTS IN 17 SPECIES

Although I did not do a bird count yesterday, I was able to add a Canada Goose to my month list which now stands at 34. Today I had a late start and a short work day and I was able to locate 17 species. No American Tree Sparrows, Cedar Waxwings, American Goldfinches or the Red-bellied Woodpecker, but I was happy with my day. (It's good to know that it is going to warm up soon). I was blessed with the viewing of the Sharp-shinned Hawk that has been prowling around the Como Park neighborhood and also drummed up a Brown Creeper. I ended my day with a beautiful adult Bald Eagle and then later saw a juvenile hanging out with the adult. Hey, we all need a little help from the adults right? Thank you God for caring for us as you do. And that doesn't always mean that He allows good things to happen. Sometimes He needs to steer us in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment