Tuesday, February 4, 2014

BARRED OWL MAKES 20 FOR THE DAY

Another long day at work!!! But a huge gap in my schedule today allowed for looks for the Snowy Owl in Maple Grove - No luck. A conversation with another gentleman who was also looking revealed that the owl is still in the area as he said he saw it yesterday. I ended the day with the Barred Owl but not the Barred Owl at Springbrook. I saw this one at Elm Creek Park, which was the jackpot today. Other notables were the Purple Finch and 3 flocks of Cedar Waxwings; one rather large flock. I indeed was blessed. The day was cut short by an add-on run to my schedule that directed me to Buffalo, Minnesota for a 5 pm pickup. The added hours will come in handy as a week from this Friday I will be on the road for the Sax Zim Bog Birding Festival. The festival is booked (150 participants) and there will be folks attending from 24 states and the UK. It is a blessing to be able to do that and God guided me safely home today from Buffalo to St. Paul and then Anoka. Thank you Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment