Monday, February 3, 2014

2 ACCIPITER DAY

Back to work today with a nice long 13 hours!!! I ended my birding today with the 2nd of 2 accipiters. There are 3 in North America; Northern Goshawk (which I have yet to see), Sharp-shinned Hawk, and Cooper's Hawk. It was the Cooper's Hawk that ended my day at 22 bird species. I was wondering why there were no birds hanging around Harriet Alexander Park in Roseville. That hawk must have been hungry. Earlier today I got a nice surprise after viewing a beautiful adult Bald Eagle. I followed the trail at Bruce Vento Nature Park in St. Paul all the way to the end where there is an open water sewage pond. Among the many Mallards were 2 Gadwall. God always seems to bless me with something fun. 2 days in a row now I have not re-found the Barred Owl at Springbrook. I am sure it is still there but yesterday I did find the American Tree Sparrows but no Wild Turkey. Today Wild Turkey but no American Tree Sparrows. And it required some searching, but I did manage to find a few Dark-eyed Juncos today. 
When I got home today Melinda said, "boy-there sure were a lot of Juncos in our yard today. Only I got home after dark. Life is funny that way sometimes. God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment