Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Black Duck & Common Merganser Make 50 for the Month

OK - so there are the local metro area birds, Minnesota Specialty birds, and then the out of state birds. But I never thought that I would see birds out of the country. It could happen this summer as a trip to Germany may be in the works. The plans are already in place for a trip to the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas this April. And the Sax Zim Bog trip has come and gone. So now I just count the metro area birds. Back to attempting to reach my goal of spotting 20 or more species. Today's list reached 22 and I added a Black Duck and a Common Merganser to the day's list, making the total for the month 50 species of birds. No who says that there are no birds in the winter in Minnesota? I ended the day at the dentist. No cavities - thank you Lord. Thank you for providing all that I need on a daily basis. Daily I see the Black-capped Chickadee so I thought I would add one of those photos today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment