Saturday, February 1, 2014

JANUARY'S TOTALS

The end of a brutal month!!! Again snow, cold, having a cold, tough road conditions, and less light make for lower numbers (sometimes). That isn't always the case as January's biggest Big Day was 29. I ended the month with a total of 36 different bird species and I averaged 22 bird species per day of birding. I was out on Wednesday and even though it started out as a good birding day, I ended up with only 17 species as I got sent on a Medi-Van run to Park Rapids, MN. That was a long day. Then we had the big snow on Thursday - no birding. Ending the week at Springbrook Nature Center I was pumped to add the Barred Owl, the Wild Turkey, and the American Tree Sparrow; all regulars this past few weeks. Well, I think it was the curse of the camera again because I didn't see any of those species. But I did end the day on Friday with a total of 21. Whenever I bring my camera to get a shot of the Barred, I usually don't find it. So even though it is an old photo, I am including in this entry a photo that I took last year of the Barred Owl at Springbrook. It's a blessing to be alive and given the gift of eternal life through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Through Him all things were made. That includes all the beautiful birds of the earth.
Barred Owl
Thank you Lord.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment