Wednesday, February 12, 2014

25 TIES MONTH'S BEST BIG DAY

....And you know that God allows it. Well it was a different day today as I nabbed 25 bird species in a fun birding day. I saw both Snowy Owls in the city of Ramsey today (I call them the east and west owls). Latched onto 2 Cedar Waxwings at Ark on the River in Anoka - a wonderful home for seniors living out their final days (in this life). Located the American Goldfinches at one of my usual spots in Osseo, Minnesota; there were lots of them feeding on sunflower hearts. Then went to the park south of Ramsey Blvd along the Mississippi River. I don't usually go there but today it was calling. And then a Mourning Dove flew over head. I heard the sounds of Trumpeter Swans and the call and beautiful view of a Pileated Woodpecker; making that a 4 woodpecker (species) day. That was also a new one for the month which puts my month list at 35 species. Even if I don't see any birds (and believe me, that has happened on a few outings) I know that God loves me and He loves you too. Christ died for us while we were still sinners. All of us fall short but thanks be to God we have Jesus to fall on. It has been a long day and I am ready for bed. I will be missing the Great Backyard Bird Count this weekend as I travel to the Sax Zim Bog Winter Birding Festival. I am truly blessed with an abundance of things to do and thankful for God's provisions. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment