Wednesday, February 5, 2014

BOTH ANOKA COUNTY SNOWY OWLS STILL PRESENT

A new month total (I know- it's still early). Ended the day today with 25 bird species. Yesterday's Dark-eyed Junco drought brought a flurry of action today. I got a chance today to show one of my Medi-Van clients a Snowy Owl (both were present in Ramsey today). On Monday I saw 9 Red-tailed Hawks and yesterday 0. Late in the day today I finally found 2. I was able to take a nice long walk at a park in Ramsey called Lake Itasca and flushed a Ring-necked Pheasant and saw 5 Mourning Doves (that was odd). But like I have said, God has a lot of surprises in store when you get out and about. He made it all and is in control and I am just breathing it in. Thank you Lord - You are my rock and my redeemer. Walked around the Mississippi River Park behind K-mart today looking for an American Robin or a Cedar Waxwing. No waxwings to be found and what I thought to be a robin on closer inspection (via binoculars) was indeed a Northern Flicker. Wow. What a fun day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment