Thursday, February 13, 2014

BIRDING AT HOME HELPS MAKE 22

Another early start at work today and I actually got myself in a good position this morning to do some good birding. But I just needed to wait a bit. It was not quite light enough as I did some reading while sitting at Elm Creek Park. Patience needed for the morning light needed to give me the green light. When the walk was done,  I walked away with 14 species before 9 am. The coolest find was the Barred Owl that flew right in front of my path. After all that and a few more Medi-Van runs I had a break and headed for home with 17 species for the day. The instant I got home I rounded up the House Sparrow, House Finch, and the Dark-eyed Junco to lock in the 20.  I quick run to St. Paul added the last two of the day. I guess I use 20 species as my guideline. I feel like that is the lowest number that I should be able to find but sometimes I am unable to do that. It is all based on my schedule, my location, the weather, and of course a bit of luck. Of course with God as my guide I don't need to worry. Look up Matthew 6:25-27. I pray for travel mercies this weekend as I head up north. So if you don't see any blog entries for a few days, you will know why. God Bless
The American Goldfinch ( this one in summer plumage) was #22 today

No comments:

Post a Comment