Monday, March 31, 2014

THE FLOODGATES ARE OPEN

I am putting March to bed with a bang!!! Today I logged 45 bird species. I think the crazy weather that is wrapping around the metro area had something to do with this. I was looking back at some old bird lists and I only did one Big Day in April (back in 2012) and that count totaled 44. So I am extremely happy with 45 and that will be difficult to beat in the years to come. I had a lot of FOY birds today and ended the month with a total of 58 species. Average for the month of 26 bird species per day out counting. On May 10th I will be leading our church group on a fun bird walk. This will be the 5th consecutive Elim Bird Walk. I am feeling pretty good after throwing out my old boots. The current van that I am using has bad dog smell but I am dealing with it. I should be getting 203 back. I really miss having the FOBs that go with the ignition keys. There were so many WOW bird moments today so I won't go on and on. I think I will just give you the list of birds seen today. God Bless you and keep you safe.  

American Crow
American Goldfinch
American Kestrel
American Robin
Bald Eagle
Black-capped Chickadee
Blue Jay
Bufflehead
Canada Goose
Cedar Waxwing
Common Goldeneye
Common Grackle
Common Merganser
Dark-eyed Junco
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Bluebird
European Starling
Fox Sparrow
Gadwall
Great Blue Heron
Hairy Woodpecker
Hooded Merganser
Horned Lark
House Finch
House Sparrow
Killdeer
Mallard
Mourning Dove
Northern Cardinal
Northern Flicker
Purple Finch
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Red-tailed Hawk
Red-winged Blackbird
Ring-billed Gull
Ring-necked Duck
Rock Pigeon
Rudy Duck
Sandhill Crane
Song Sparrow
Trumpeter Swan
Turkey Vulture
White-breasted Nuthatch
Wild Turkey
Wood Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment