Friday, April 4, 2014

A SLOW START FOR ME

Typically I am very gung-ho to get out and birdwatch. But it has been a slow start for me in April. I have yet to get out and do any serious counting. A couple of cruddy weather days and then one day I just plain didn't feel like getting out. And then sometimes my work schedules are just not conducive to getting the job done. 

In April of 2012 I tallied 44 bird species in one day. I guess that would be the number to beat. 

I am still in van 202 but I hear that van 203 is just about ready; I may get it back this week. 

A minor set back for the birds today as they had to manage about 8 inches of snow and I had to fire up the snow-blower at 4:30 am. Only in Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

As I write this entry, there are literally about 25 American Robins flying around our house and a few digging at the base of the house on the south side. It gets quite warm there. 

Tomorrow I may go to help a friend Joe look for a Barred Owl. I know of a few hot spots but with owls it's always hit and miss. 

Definitely will be opening God's word tomorrow morning and engaging in more discussion from the book of Acts. We'll see what sort of mood I am in next week. Hopefully I will get a few days of counting in. God Bless
Sandhill Crane
 

No comments:

Post a Comment