Thursday, March 6, 2014

DAM GOLDENEYES GONE

Coon Rapids Dam that is!!! After many weeks of visiting the Coon Rapids Dam and spotting the Common Goldeneyes, it appears that they have moved on. Although I hear from my wife that the Mississippi is open at her work and the Goldeneyes have found some refuge there. I was able to locate some Common Mergansers at the dam and that helped me get to 21 bird species on Wednesday, March 5th. I was at the Mississippi River by the U of M later in the afternoon Wednesday searching for the much needed Brown Creeper. After about an hour of searching, I finally found 3 of them. And a nice Pileated Woodpecker rounded off the day's nice birding. I was blessed again today. And now Lord I pray that you help us through the change of season and give us strength to endure the upcoming pothole season. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment