Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A MARCH BIG DAY TIE

Hello - I am now re-riding in Medi-Van #202 - a van that I initially had but had to trade out because of air-conditioning problems. That was in the summer (may have even been 2 summers ago). I was given van #203 (identical vans). This is the one that had the toxic fume issue. Initially it was said to have been mold but the jury is still out on that one. All I know is that it was making me sick. Now that I don't have that van, I should be feeling much better (and I am!). And oh yes........... I have been able to get out and birdwatch too. Now with more vigor. Today I tallied 32 bird species which ties the March Big Day number. There are lots of waterfowl species out and about with Canada Geese in every city. Red-wing Blackbirds are starting to hang out and Ring-billed Gulls are circling the parking lots. Over by Courage Kenny there are 4 Great Blue Herons just hanging out at the edge of the lake where the stream bed starts. You can't miss em. I am so thankful that God has given me this desire. It's really enjoyable. And I get to do it while I help people who are in need of transportation services. Thank you Lord for your awesome love and your presence in my life. 
male Hooded Merganser - these birds were seen today on the Mississippi from Champlin

No comments:

Post a Comment