Sunday, March 2, 2014

Biding My Birding Time

Hello-
March has arrived. But it doesn't look like it. I realize that March is one of the snowiest months but where is the warmer weather? Still below zero and still biding my time; hoping I can get out and bird without freezing my extremities. February's biggest Big Day was also my son Ian's 22nd birthday. I managed to ID 29 bird species. The list is below in a previous entry. A total of 51 bird species for the month of February and that included 1 new Minnesota Life Bird (and a North American Life Bird); the Northern Hawk Owl. 13 more to go before I reach the 300 Club; 300 bird species spotted in Minnesota. We are confirmed to go to Germany this August so now I suppose I will need to have a new list - a European bird list. Back here in Anoka - we have been getting regular visits from the Brown Creeper. Also we had a nice looking American Robin visit our bird bath while we sat and played Scrabble. 1 tie and 2 wins this time - my luck may be changing. It's just a game though. And luck comes and goes, but God's love for us remains the same and constant. I am very thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment