Friday, March 14, 2014

March 13th & March 14th - 2 day total of 32 species

On March 13th I logged 23 bird species; pretty much the regulars but missed spotting the American Goldfinch. I did come across a nice Barred Owl at French Lake Regional Park and that was the highlight. Today (March 14th) I tallied 25 species but had a bunch of misses. I did not see a Blue Jay, a Red-bellied Woodpecker, or a Red-tailed Hawk. Again - "the right place at the right time" is key. I was able to position myself this morning in Monticello and made my way to Swan Park. It was a given that I would see the Trumpeter Swan, but this can also be a hotbed for different duck species. Today was no exception. I saw Black Duck, Redhead, Hooded Merganser, Lesser Scaup (Bluebill), Common Goldeneye, Wood Duck, and Mallard. Later in the day I located a Common Merganser at a different location making it a total of 8 duck species. That was fun. My 2 day total was 32 species. Currently I am averaging 23 species per time out birding. What a fun hobby! We hit the Bibles tomorrow morning. God is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment