Wednesday, March 19, 2014

FOY = First of the Year

Yeah - a lot of birders use FOY - as meaning First of the Year (bird). So today I added 1 to my month list (even though I wasn't counting birds today). In January I logged 36 species. February's Sax Zim Bog trip added a lot of northern specialties and so that month's total was bigger; 51 species. So far this March I have tallied 41 as I now can add my FOY Great Blue Heron. Please pray for healing for me as I have a mild sinus infection; caused by mold in my Medi-Van. The van problem is said to have been taken care of. Now I need to take care of myself and rid myself of this stuffiness, etc. 2 days off of counting birds. Tomorrow may be another non bird counting day as I have only 2 runs with an allergy shot sandwiched between. Things are progressing nicely as there have been more and more Canadian Geese flying around and it has been reported that there are also Red-winged Blackbirds about, although I have not yet seen one. At Silverwood Park in St. Anthony, the Great Horned Owl is sitting with young ones. Get out and check it out. And God Bless you
                                                and keep you safe in the coming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment