Sunday, January 19, 2014

TWO SNOWY OWLS FOR CHUCK AND DIANE

Make that 19 species for January 19th. Today after church Melinda and I went with Chuck and Diane to look for the Ramsey Snowy Owl. We didn't find a Snowy Owl, we found 2 Snowy Owls. We had outstanding views of the first Snowy on top of the huge tower west of Armstrong Blvd thanks to the help of our spotting scope. Then as we were heading out of that dead end road, Diane spotted many parked cars just north of Coburn's. That was the ticket! We u-turned and drove over toward the group that was basking in the beauty of another Snowy Owl. This one was sitting on the ground in a field. You just never know. It's the wonderful love of Jesus that makes it possible. Imagine that - I get to fellowship in and outside of our church building. God is Good! Earlier today - before church - while "reading" (I don't really read the Sunday paper) the paper, I managed to log 14 species of birds. After the Snowy Experience, I ventured over to Martin's Meadows. Boy - I think I lost 50 pounds trudging through really deep snow. I did add 2 species for the day; Purple Finch & American Tree Sparrow, but I think I saw more snowmobiles than birds. It is still a beautiful park and look forward to going again. Just maybe not too soon. Coming out of the garage and heading to the house I added the Brown Creeper. That ended a nice sunny Sunday.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment