Thursday, January 16, 2014

BACK WITH A 2 OWL DAY

Originally I wasn't going to do any birding today. Temps good - but with wind gusting severely it seemed like not such a good day for it. The 20 species of birds I saw proved otherwise. Today was also a 2 owl day. I was in Maple Grove this morning and got great views of the Snowy Owl that has been hanging around the quarry area. Beautiful bird with dark barring. Then later today I was lucky to get a peek at the Barred Owl at Springbrook Nature Center. It was hiding next to the wooden shed behind the visitor's center. What luck!!! Also at Springbrook I got nice looks at 5 American Tree Sparrows. It has been some time since I have seen them. Another nice bird today was a gorgeous looking Pileated Woodpecker (also at Springbrook).
Well - again I feel so blessed to be able to do what I do. Thank you Lord! And while my cold kept me from going to Martin's Meadows (a nice Andover park) on Saturday, it didn't stop the presses. I got a bit of a mention in a news story on Wednesday (see attached link). http://www.startribune.com/local/north/240150631.html

Acts 17:28 - For in Him we live and move and have our being.
God is near. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment