Monday, January 20, 2014

New High January Bird Count Beats December's Best

Wow! What else can I say. Maybe it was due to the odd work schedule but today I logged 29 bird species. (see list below). Missed getting photos of both owls today. One because I didn't have my camera, the other because when I did have the camera, the owl flew before I could snap the shot. Oh well. It was a day that started out slow and I didn't think that I would even get 20 species, but God allowed me to have a grand day. And He always seems to surprise me with something special. Today I had a "first" for my birding experiences. I actually saw 3 Brown Creepers on the same tree at the same time. And they were serenading me. That was special and it made me feel warm inside, even though it was freezing cold today.  It's good to be home. Thank you Lord for taking care of me today.  God Bless
Brown Creeper

  1. American Crow
  2. American Goldfinch
  3. American Robin
  4. American Tree Sparrow
  5. Bald Eagle
  6. Barred Owl
  7. Black-capped Chickadee
  8. Brown Creeper
  9. Blue Jay
  10. Canada Goose
  11. Common Goldeneye
  12. Dark-eyed Junco
  13. Downy Woodpecker
  14. European Starling
  15. Hairy Woodpecker
  16. House Finch
  17. House Sparrow
  18. Mallard
  19. Northern Cardinal
  20. Northern Shrike
  21. Pileated Woodpecker
  22. Purple Finch
  23. Red-bellied Woodpecker
  24. Red-tailed Hawk
  25. Rock Pigeon
  26. Sharp-shinned Hawk
  27. Snowy Owl
  28. White-breasted Nuthatch
  29. Wild Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment