Friday, January 17, 2014

SHORT DAY ALLOWS FOR 22

I had an early start to work today - up at 5 am. It was the perfect day to go bird watching and I had ample time. So I guess I should be happy with 22 bird species today. My attempts at the Big Days sort of came about because I wanted to be able to tell folks that there are still birds out in the winter - you may just need to go search - but they are out there. It sort of reminds me of God. He is always there and His door is always open. But sometimes we don't see Him because we don't want to or we aren't looking and our door is closed. Thankfully we don't have to search that hard - like I sometimes do for birds. I was at Springbrook again today and searched and searched and finally re-found the Barred Owl. My gosh is that a gorgeous bird. It was just sitting there on a branch right at the main trunk - eyes closed and enjoying the beautiful sun. Earlier today at Como Park I had a nice view of a Sharp-shinned Hawk. I think it was looking for a free song bird breakfast. There was a large flock of House Finches & American Goldfinches there as well. Then I ended my day here at home with the 22nd bird specie of the day. I couldn't believe that my first Mallard of the day was while sitting at home basking in the sun.      God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment