Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sky the BirdMan is MIA

After a wonderful bible study on Saturday and then being blessed to show my friend Merrill the Snowy Owl in Ramsey, I have been Missing in Action when it comes to bird watching. I was hit with a nasty cold and it's taking every bit of strength to just get up and do my job. But today I rested in Ramsey again and got to gawk at the Snowy Owl one more time. Apparently there have been many more sightings by the general public according to the posts that I have been reading. And there have been (unofficially) 176 Snowy Owls seen in our beautiful state so far this winter. I got to see the Snowy Owl just one time in December. As I look back at my bird log I noticed that there were over a dozen birds that I got to see just once in December. So this goes to show that you never know what God may place in front of you when you go exploring. On any given day if you really work at it, you should be able to see at least 12 species. If you're having trouble achieving that number, we should talk.  Last year around this time there was a lone female Wood Duck hanging out at the Courage Center (now Courage Kenny) in Golden Valley. I haven't seen one there this winter but I have had some other nice sightings. The combination of this cold weather and my cold have only allowed me to log birds only 2 days so far, and the month is half over. I think this proves that January can be a tough month to bird, but also that God is in control. Let's lean on His understanding to direct our paths.     Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment