Thursday, January 9, 2014

First Listing of 2014

Wow!!
It was wonderful to get out again and look at and listen to the birds. God created them all.
But I didn't find them all. Today I managed a list of 22 species. After much searching, I did re-find the Barred Owl at the Springbrook Nature Center in Fridley. Also if you want to get close and personal to a Wild Turkey, there's one that hangs out next to the window of the visitor's center daily! Also of interest today were the nice group of Common Goldeneye and Common Mergansers at the Coon Rapids Dam. And I nabbed the Northern Flicker again at the Islands of Peace Park in Fridley. Oh and by the way - I was interviewed by the Star Tribune today regarding Martin's Meadows in Andover. That article should appear in the NW Metro Section of Wednesday's paper. I am looking forward to some higher bird numbers in the days to come and am so blessed to be able to do this. God's love is amazing.     
          God Bless                                       Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment