Sunday, January 5, 2014

Better Shots of the Snowy Owl

A wonderful message at church today. We are blessed with a wonderful congregation of believers. Speaking with Stan and Steve today I made the comment that I was temporarily going to hang up the birding until the cold weather subsided. And then I saw a report on  http://moumn.org/ about a Snowy Owl seen right in Ramsey, Minnesota near the intersection of Bunker Lake Blvd and Armstrong Blvd. Melinda had never seen a Snowy Owl before and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for her to take in the beauty of one of God's awesome creatures. After driving around the area for about 20 minutes we came upon a car parked on a side road and I was fairly certain that the driver was looking for the Snowy Owl. So I pulled over and asked her. She said that we just missed it and she got some awesome photos of it sitting on some hay bales. She did point us in the right direction though and a few minutes later I was snapping shots of it perched on top of the light pole seen in these photos. Wow!!!! How about that? Thank you Lord for making us smile.
Lord I'm amazed at how you love me - if I may steal a quote from a popular contemporary Christian song. So now maybe I can put the ca-bosh on the birding. Or maybe this week I should call it "brrrrr-ding!!!  I still have no Big Day lists to share as I have not committed the time for that. But I am thankful for all that I have and again hope that you all stay safe and warm during this cold spell. 

God Bless ----- Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment