Thursday, April 17, 2014

POST FOR TUESDAY APRIL 15TH

Another huge April snowstorm has left us all thinking........."when will this end?"
And I agree - it is getting old. We have been patient Lord - just keep us safe.
I've been not feeling well again but seems like this time I may have a handle on things.
So that is partially the reason for the lack of posting. So this post is for Tuesday, April 15th when I logged 48 bird species. That count did not reach the April Big Day of 61 so I believe that will be the record. I am currently on sick time and then will have some much needed vacation coming - where there will be no counting birds (always watching though). Yesterday (Wednesday) I didn't do any counting either but did find a new bird for the year; the Black-crowned Night Heron - back again for another year at Courage Kenny in Golden Valley. Tuesday I was blessed to see all 5 of the common metro area woodpeckers; Downy, Hairy, Red-bellied, Pileated, Northern Flicker, and Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. Also present were both kinglet species. Thank you Lord for your awesome love for me. Love, Pete
BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERON SEEN AT COURAGE KENNY IN GOLDEN VALLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment