Friday, April 11, 2014

AN UNBELIEVABLE DAY

Today I was blessed beyond belief!!! Not only did I get to share a new bird with 2 friends, I also found a Big Day record 57 bird species for April. One of the first birds I saw this morning was an American Woodcock and the day got better. I was at Springbrook Nature Center searching for the Barred Owl so I could inch closer to the Big Day record when I stumbled upon a Long-eared Owl. This is only the 2nd Long-eared Owl I have seen in my life. I did not find the Barred Owl, but my what a day. And as I look at my list of birds, I see that there are quite a few that I missed. (oh - and I did see my first warbler of the year - yeah)

Yesterday I also had an outstanding bird count of 44 bird species.

Thank you Lord for sharing your wonderful creatures with us today.
Keep us safe and in your care.
Amen

Long-eared Owl seen today at Springbrook Nature Center in Fridley


Birds from April 11th 2014

American Coot
American Crow
American Goldfinch
American Kestrel
American Robin
American Tree Sparrow
American Woodcock
Bald Eagle
Belted Kingfisher
Black-capped Chickadee
Blue Jay
Brown-headed Cowbird
Canada Goose
Cedar Waxwing
Common Grackle
Common Loon
Cooper's Hawk
Dark-eyed Junco
Double-crested Cormorant
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Phoebe
European Starling
Fox Sparrow
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Hairy Woodpecker
Hooded Merganser
Horned Lark
House Finch
House Sparrow
Killdeer
Lesser Scaup
Long-eared Owl
Mallard
Mourning Dove
Northern Cardinal
Northern Flicker
Northern Shoveler
Pied-billed Grebe
Pileated Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Red-tailed Hawk
Red-winged Blackbird
Ring-billed Gull
Ring-necked Duck
Ring-necked Pheasant
Rock Pigeon
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Sandhill Crane
Song Sparrow
Tree Swallow
White-breasted Nuthatch
Wild Turkey
Wood Duck
Yellow-rumped Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment