Monday, April 21, 2014

THE WAVES KEEP COMING BUT WE WILL BE LEAVING

The migration of birds is getting fun now with new birds coming every day (it seems). Today I logged my FOY (first of the year) Brown Thrasher, Eastern Towhee, Field Sparrow, and White-throated Sparrow. A total today of 56 different bird species - a nice number. It was a beautiful and blessed Easter Sunday service at our church only to be matched by a wonderful meal at my in-laws home in Chanhassen. Now we are gearing up for the big surprise party for my mother-in-law - her 80th birthday party tomorrow. I have the next 2 days off from work so I will not be counting birds. Then back to work on Thursday - the jury is still out on whether or not I will log birds that day. Friday morning we leave for Texas. There will be fun birds to see there and hopefully an enjoyable 50th birthday party for me.
I am praying for safe travel and healing of my body in the meantime. I've had quite the ride of late dealing with multiple things. But I know the Lord will watch over and protect me. He is also the great Physician. God Bless.
A few years ago this pair of Brown Thrashers nested in our yard

No comments:

Post a Comment