Saturday, April 5, 2014

BIRDING TODAY BUT NO BARRED FOR JOE

Hello Hello
A fun day today. After our awesome bible study I was able to guide my friend Joe from Japan on a quest to see the Barred Owl. 

No Luck!!!!

We did see many bird species but today I did not count them. I was just trying to find that Barred Owl. We checked some of my favorite spots; ones where I have seen the Barred Owl before and came up empty. 

Springbrook was fairly quiet but we did drum up a nice looking Pileated Woodpecker - Joe got some nice photos. At Elm Creek Park we saw another Pileated and then I got to show Joe his first Purple Finch. It was a female so not much for color. And a possible American Kestrel Falcon. We weren't able to put a positive ID on that one. Loads of American Robins and Cedar Waxwings swarming the park. It felt good to get back out again. I hope that Joe will see the Barred Owl someday - even if I am not the one who takes him out. It is really fun to be out guiding and birding. Glad that I have legs to walk and eyes to see. Thank you Lord. 
Pileated at Sky's Home

No comments:

Post a Comment