Monday, April 14, 2014

FROZEN FACE FINDS 61 TODAY

And indeed it was........... At one point today while enjoying gorgeous views of the Red-breasted Mergansers on Lake Calhoun, my face was so cold that I thought it would fall off. That's sometimes what it takes. I couldn't believe that when I actually counted my list for the first time today, that I already had 55 bird species recorded. I added 5 more before coming home and then 1 lone (and first of the year) Chipping Sparrow in our feeders. Other FOY (first of the year) birds today were: Red-breasted Merganser, Osprey, and Hermit Thrush

HERMIT THRUSH

Again, my all time Big Day was set in May of 2012 with 65 species. I have a feeling that I may break that record this year - if not in April then hopefully in May when the warblers start moving through. 

God was good to us yesterday and blessed us with a new pastor. We continue to praise our living God. Thank you Lord for all that you do for us. P.S. - we could use some warmer weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment