Friday, May 9, 2014

NO MORE MR. NICE GUY - NOW I NEED TO REACH 90

A very early start to the day and I worked late too. That opened the door of opportunity to lots of bird watching and I tallied my Biggest Big Day of my life - 86 bird species in one day!!!
Wow!! It seemed like every time I turned around something new was coming my way. And... I had a lot of missed birds today as well, so that means I could someday get an even bigger Big Day number. So far this month I have seen 106 different bird species. And God created each and every one. Thank you Lord!!!!!!!!!!

The last bird I saw today - the Yellow-throated Vireo

American Crow
American Goldfinch
American Kestrel
American Redstart
American Robin
Bald Eagle
Baltimore Oriole
Barn Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Blue-headed Vireo
Blue Jay
Blue-winged Teal
Brown-headed Cowbird
Canada Goose
Cedar Waxwing
Chimney Swift
Chipping Sparrow
Clay-colored Sparrow
Cliff Swallow
Common Grackle
Common Yellowthroat
Double-crested Cormorant
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Eastern Towhee
European Starling
Field Sparrow
Gray Catbird
Great Blue Heron
Great Crested Flycatcher
Great Egret
Green Heron
Hairy Woodpecker
Hermit Thrush
House Finch
House Sparrow
House Wren
Killdeer
Least Flycatcher
Least Sandpiper
Lesser Yellowlegs
Lincoln Sparrow
Magnolia Warbler
Mallard
Mourning Dove
Nashville Warbler
Northern Cardinal
Northern Flicker
Northern Waterthrush
Orange-crowned Warbler
Osprey
Ovenbird
Palm Warbler
Pied-billed Grebe
Pileated Woodpecker
Pine Warbler
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Red-tailed Hawk
Red-winged Blackbird
Ring-billed Gull
Ring-necked Pheasant
Rock Pigeon
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Sandhill Crane
Savannah Sparrow
Sedge Wren
Solitary Sandpiper
Song Sparrow
Sora
Swainson's Thrush
Swamp Sparrow
Tennessee Warbler
Tree Swallow
Turkey Vulture
White-breasted Nuthatch
White-crowned Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Wild Turkey
Wilson's Warbler
Winter Wren
Wood Duck
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-throated Vireo

No comments:

Post a Comment