Saturday, May 17, 2014

LAKE BYLLESBY HELPS ME REACH 290 MINNESOTA BIRDS

After our Men's Bible Study today I loaded up the car with tripod, scope, and binoculars and headed south toward Randolph, Minnesota. Scope was needed to spot 3 new Minnesota birds (1 a Life Bird). Today I tallied the Common Tern, Sanderling, and Willet. I have now seen 290 different bird species in Minnesota. It was a long drive to the lake - a long day - and I opted out of searching for a White-eyed Vireo due to the possibility of getting ticks. It's that time of year. I guess I will stick to the tar paths for a while. From now on I plan to have more concentration on my Savior and less birding during the week days. I will try to post once a week. God Bless.


WILLET (ON LEFT) & SANDERLING - taken during a trip to Texas 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment