Wednesday, May 7, 2014

NEW PERSONAL BIG DAY RECORD - 68 IN ONE DAY

The Big Day record has been broken. And now I need to set my sights on reaching 70. It was an unbelievable birdy day yesterday. I was knocking them off left and right when I was stuck at 65 bird species - tying my all-time high. I needed to return my last client of the day and then I was going to be done for the day. As I cruised down Larpenteur Avenue I came to an unexpected "T" in the road at Lake Phalen. I guess I didn't look at the map close enough but I needed to get to the other side of the lake and I could either go left or right. I decided to go right and it's a good thing I did. Looking out in the middle of the lake I saw the bird that broke the record; a Trumpeter Swan. Later I also saw a Common Loon and then a couple of Turkey Vultures to add icing to the cake. 

Now on my 3rd day of taking allergy pills and so far all is getting better. These are terrible terrible things to deal with and I don't wish that on anyone. Hoping for a full recovery soon of whatever is causing me the trouble. "In this world you will have trouble" says Jesus. "But take heart, I have overcome the world." Thank you Lord. Thank you. We can rest in your care. Amen.

Black & White Warbler
American Crow
American Goldfinch
American Kestrel
American Robin
Bald Eagle
Baltimore Oriole
Barn Swallow
Belted Kingfisher
Black & White Warbler
Black-capped Chickadee
Black-crowned Night Heron
Blue-headed Vireo
Blue Jay
Blue-winged Teal
Brown Creeper
Brown-headed Cowbird
Brown Thrasher
Canada Goose
Cedar Waxwing
Chimney Swift
Chipping Sparrow
Clay-colored Sparrow
Cliff Swallow
Common Grackle
Common Loon
Double-crested Cormorant
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Phoebe
European Starling
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Hairy Woodpecker
Hermit Thrush
Herring Gull
House Finch
House Sparrow
Killdeer
Lincoln's Sparrow
Mallard
Mourning Dove
Northern Cardinal
Northern Flicker
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Northern Waterthrush
Orange-crowned Warbler
Palm Warbler
Pileated Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Red-tailed Hawk
Red-winged Blackbird
Ring-billed Gull
Ring-necked Duck
Ring-necked Pheasant
Rock Pigeon
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Savannah Sparrow
Solitary Sandpiper
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Trumpeter Swan
Turkey Vulture
White-breasted Nuthatch
White-throated Sparrow
Wild Turkey
Wood Duck
Yellow-rumped Warbler


No comments:

Post a Comment