Thursday, May 4, 2023

Minnesota Birds 309 and 310

 Apparently I was remiss in adding or blogging my Minnesota birds 309 and 310.

On April 30th 2022, I got to see the Yellow-crowned Night Heron right near my old delivery location for Geritom in Bloomington. That was one of those easy finds where you walk a path to a little pond and then just spot the bird on the shore. Take a photo and then bingo you are golden.


On the Fourth of July, (before going to my in-laws for our annual feast and Fourth of July Parade), Melinda and I stopped at Westwood Nature Center in St. Louis Park. Took some patience but finally nailed the much reported Clark's Grebe in the center of the lake. It's a diver so we were looking frantically for a while, while spotting nothing. Then up pops this bird way off - soooo way off that the photo is not much more than a dot, but we know what we saw. Number 310 for my Minnesota Life List. 



No comments:

Post a Comment